Clackamas Women's Services Finance & Administrative Associate
Position : Finance & Administrative Associate
Status : Permanent, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Pay : $19.00-$24.00/hr., DOE, benefits available first of the month following date of hire
Hours : Regular schedule; combination of weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Location : Partial remote and in-person (temporary)
Responsible To: Finance Manager
About Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS)
Clackamas Women’s Services (CWS) was incorporated in 1985 as Clackamas County’s first shelter for women and children escaping family violence and domestic abuse. CWS’ service delivery framework is built on traumainformed best practices that promote safety and self-determination. Our vision is to live in a society that no longer tolerates domestic and sexual violence, but rather thrives on mutual respect.
CWS offers comprehensive, responsive solutions for adults and children impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking, the sex industry, and elder abuse. Through our confidential emergency shelter, our rural outreach office and A Safe Place Family Justice Center, CWS coordinates services with other public and private agencies in order to best serve survivors seeking help. Participants in our programs receive no-cost services by highly trained staff.
This position is responsible for providing Accounting Support services to the CWS Finance Department. Under the general supervision of the Finance Manger, the Finance Associate performs duties related to bookkeeping, including payables, receivables, bank reconciliations, filing, data entry and other related tasks. This position will also provide administrative support to the HR Department under the supervision of the HR Director.
- Responsible for processing of receivables and payables, including filing.
- Prepare and submit bank deposits.
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations for all accounts.
- Review expense reports, provide coding, verify appropriate back-up and post to system.
- Assist with grant reporting administration.
- Assist in month end close by creating required reports and supporting the review and reconciliation of any differences with input from the Finance Manager.
- Assist Finance Manager with audit preparation, year-end closing and annual budget preparation.
- Enter financial data into the system.
- Provides administrative support to the HR Director.
- Assists with talent acquisition (post jobs to external posting sites, interview scheduling, reference checking, background checks, etc.)
- Assists with new hire onboarding and orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events and holiday parties.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director: periodically preparing materials for meetings, contacting participants, booking rooms, arranging for refreshments and other details as needed,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represent the mission, values & philosophy of CWS to program participants, staff, and partners and to the public.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community service providers.
- Meet regularly with Finance Manager to plan and prioritize activities.
- A minimum of two years of experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable and nonprofit accounting required
- Non-profit grant experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks software required.
- Mastery of MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word and Excel) preferred.
- Outstanding attention to detail and follow-through.
- Proven ability to focus while managing multiple, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience and skill in effectively managing internal and external relationships with staff, vendors and partners.
- Excellent project management, listening, oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to relate to and communicate with diverse audiences with a high level of diplomacy.
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable motorized vehicle and automobile insurance.
Please submit a resume and cover to email@example.com with the subject line of “Finance & Administrative